Ireland’s Highest Waterfall
Powerscourt Waterfall is Ireland’s highest at 121m (398ft.) and is 5km from the Main Estate. It is set in one of Ireland’s most beautiful parklands at the foothills of the Wicklow Mountains.
As you drive from the gate lodge towards the Waterfall you are surrounded by Beech, Oak, Larch and Pine trees some of which were planted over 200 years ago. Look out for the Giant Redwoods, which are native to Northern California where they may grow up to 80m high and live for 4,000 years so they are still youngsters!
The Waterfall is an ideal location for summer picnics and barbecues. There is a vast amount of space to keep children entertained. There is also a playground for younger children. But be mindful of the other inhabitants of the parkland! It is a haven for wildlife and children can have fun trying to spot some of the locals – the Chaffinch, Cuckoo, Raven and the Willow Warbler. Some other inhabitants are the Sika Deer which were introduced to Ireland in 1858 and there may be a red squirrel or two.
Don’t fret if you forget your picnic as there is a kiosk on site that serves everything from coffee and tea to hot-dogs and ice-cream. The kiosk is open everyday from the 1st June to the end of August and year round at weekends, if weather permits. There is ample car parking and toilet facilities at the waterfall. Dogs are welcome but they must be on a leash.
Take time to explore the pathways that meander through the flora and fauna, walk along the woodland pathways and listen to the birdsong.
The Waterfall is located 6km from Powerscourt Estate. From Dublin City and Wexford take Exit 8. After 2 km take the first left towards Enniskerry and follow the signs for Powerscourt Waterfall. Here is a map of Powerscourt Waterfall.
- Jan/Feb/Nov/Dec 10.30am – 4.00pm
- Mar/Apr/Sept/Oct 10.30am – 5.30pm
- May/Jun/July/Aug 9.30am – 7.00pm
- The Waterfall closes 2 weeks before Christmas each year
- Adults €5.50, Student/OAP €5.00
- Child (U12) €3.50, Children (U2) Free
- Family Ticket €16.00 (2 adults & up to 3 children)
Ph: (01) 204 6000
We are all aware that the situation around COVID-19 is evolving on a daily basis and Powerscourt Golf Club will continue to take all necessary measures to prevent the spread of the virus and are asking everyone at the club, members, visitors and staff alike to play their part as well.
In light of recommendations from Government over the weekend the following urgent actions will take place immediately:
- The Food & Beverage operation within the clubhouse will cease immediately until at least 29th March.
- The Golf Shop will remain open & social distancing recommendations adhered to. Please do not delay or congregate around the counter and use card payments only. Please ensure you have washed your hands or sanitised before completing your transaction.
- Where possible please make payment in advance by credit card over the phone for green fees to reduce interactions in the Clubhouse.
- All locker rooms will remain closed with access only permitted in toilet areas.
- Entrance to the Golf Clubhouse will only be available through the front door where hand sanitiser is provided.
- The administration offices are closed for walk in enquiries which should be directed by phone or email.
- All previously advised actions and recommendations remain in place.
We continue to monitor closely all factual developments on a daily basis as communicated by the HSE and will follow recommended guidelines from the Government.
Thank you for your cooperation at this time.