Paul Thompson is a Fellow PGA Professional and has been the Club Professional at Powerscourt Golf Club since it first opened in 1996. Originally from Yorkshire in England, Paul moved to Ireland in 1991 where he is now a renowned and well-respected golf coach.
As well as his work at the golf club with both members and corporate clients, Paul coaches many of Ireland’s most promising young golfers in his role as a coach with the golfing union’s high-performance programmes.
You can read Paul’s golf coaching blog here or for more on the range of lessons and clinics available click to Lessons.
We are all aware that the situation around COVID-19 is evolving on a daily basis and Powerscourt Golf Club will continue to take all necessary measures to prevent the spread of the virus and are asking everyone at the club, members, visitors and staff alike to play their part as well.
In light of recommendations from Government over the weekend the following urgent actions will take place immediately:
- The Food & Beverage operation within the clubhouse will cease immediately until at least 29th March.
- The Golf Shop will remain open & social distancing recommendations adhered to. Please do not delay or congregate around the counter and use card payments only. Please ensure you have washed your hands or sanitised before completing your transaction.
- Where possible please make payment in advance by credit card over the phone for green fees to reduce interactions in the Clubhouse.
- All locker rooms will remain closed with access only permitted in toilet areas.
- Entrance to the Golf Clubhouse will only be available through the front door where hand sanitiser is provided.
- The administration offices are closed for walk in enquiries which should be directed by phone or email.
- All previously advised actions and recommendations remain in place.
We continue to monitor closely all factual developments on a daily basis as communicated by the HSE and will follow recommended guidelines from the Government.
Thank you for your cooperation at this time.