A Warm Welcome to Powerscourt
Just half an hour south of Dublin, set in breath-taking surroundings of one of the finest estates in Europe, Powerscourt is one of Ireland’s premier golfing venues with two championship courses.
Our East Course has hosted the 1998 Irish PGA which three time major winner Padraig Harrington won in a playoff. The East Course also hosted the 2001 Irish Seniors Open. The course is surrounded by hedges, ancient oaks and beech trees and often the golf becomes second nature as the sheer beauty of the surroundings takes over. One of the hallmarks of the course is the contoured undulating greens.
Our West Course has been a qualifying course for many Barton Shield and inter-club competitions. It is the newer of our two championship courses. The layout gently ambles its way through the rolling landscapes of the 1,000 acre estate. The surroundings include mature trees, ravines and streams. The views of the Wicklow Mountains provide an idyllic setting.
The Palladian Mansion style Powerscourt House is the backdrop for the first tee and is rich in history for all those who want to further explore this beautiful estate. Those who do not wish to golf may explore the 47 acres of Powerscourt Gardens or visit Powerscourt Waterfall, the highest waterfall in Ireland. We welcome visitors from every corner of the globe and look forward to welcoming you to Powerscourt.
We are all aware that the situation around COVID-19 is evolving on a daily basis and Powerscourt Golf Club will continue to take all necessary measures to prevent the spread of the virus and are asking everyone at the club, members, visitors and staff alike to play their part as well.
In light of recommendations from Government over the weekend the following urgent actions will take place immediately:
- The Food & Beverage operation within the clubhouse will cease immediately until at least 29th March.
- The Golf Shop will remain open & social distancing recommendations adhered to. Please do not delay or congregate around the counter and use card payments only. Please ensure you have washed your hands or sanitised before completing your transaction.
- Where possible please make payment in advance by credit card over the phone for green fees to reduce interactions in the Clubhouse.
- All locker rooms will remain closed with access only permitted in toilet areas.
- Entrance to the Golf Clubhouse will only be available through the front door where hand sanitiser is provided.
- The administration offices are closed for walk in enquiries which should be directed by phone or email.
- All previously advised actions and recommendations remain in place.
We continue to monitor closely all factual developments on a daily basis as communicated by the HSE and will follow recommended guidelines from the Government.
Thank you for your cooperation at this time.