The newest addition to Powerscourt and just a 3-minute walk from the Golf Club, Powerscourt Distillery is housed in The Old Mill House, formerly the hub of all farming activity on the estate. The buildings have now been faithfully restored and extended to help accommodate the distillery’s development.
Surrounded by the beautiful Wicklow Mountains, guarded by the mighty Sugarloaf, enjoying a temperate coastline climate and bathed by pure spring waters, Powerscourt provides the perfect stage for distilling Irish Whiskey. The 3 custom designed copper pot stills produced there first drops of spirit on 13th June 2018, marking an exciting new chapter in the great history of the estate.
The purpose built Visitors Centre is due to open in Spring of 2019 and will offer a breath-taking 360 degree view of the whiskey distillery. Tours will run daily and 3 floors of tasting rooms and function areas will cater to your every need.
To include a Whiskey Tasting or Distillery Tour as part of your event at Powerscourt talk to our team today.
Send us an enquiry about Powerscourt Distillery
We are all aware that the situation around COVID-19 is evolving on a daily basis and Powerscourt Golf Club will continue to take all necessary measures to prevent the spread of the virus and are asking everyone at the club, members, visitors and staff alike to play their part as well.
In light of recommendations from Government over the weekend the following urgent actions will take place immediately:
- The Food & Beverage operation within the clubhouse will cease immediately until at least 29th March.
- The Golf Shop will remain open & social distancing recommendations adhered to. Please do not delay or congregate around the counter and use card payments only. Please ensure you have washed your hands or sanitised before completing your transaction.
- Where possible please make payment in advance by credit card over the phone for green fees to reduce interactions in the Clubhouse.
- All locker rooms will remain closed with access only permitted in toilet areas.
- Entrance to the Golf Clubhouse will only be available through the front door where hand sanitiser is provided.
- The administration offices are closed for walk in enquiries which should be directed by phone or email.
- All previously advised actions and recommendations remain in place.
We continue to monitor closely all factual developments on a daily basis as communicated by the HSE and will follow recommended guidelines from the Government.
Thank you for your cooperation at this time.